AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Ok some rants about MW2

Go down

Ok some rants about MW2

Post by wraith_calling on Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:10 pm

Guys I'm back.
I know you are terribly excited to know that your favorite target is now available to shoot at!

Right onto the rant stuff...

1.) Double shotty? I've fired a shotgun before. Anyone need both wrists broken or a a barrel imprint on your forehead? 'nough said.

2.) I liked the idea of having Overkill as a perk to be able to use 2 primary weapons. Why would any fool use a pistol anymore?

3.) Having almost every attachment on almost every weapon seems a bit strange to me.

Ok, I know I'm just coming back online and just starting MW2. I am a bit of a purest (or purist?) when it comes to realism. I do know that it's only a game. Next thing you know we'll have low-gravity maps....at that point why not play HALO?

(sigh), sorry guys just unloading a bit.

Cya all online!

-Wraith

"...You are a spot, a flaw, a blotch and a stain on the world you corrupt and I hate you and fear you and look for you everywhere with dread."
-Curse One: The Wraith -by C.Huntington
wraith_calling

Number of posts : 706
Registration date : 2008-03-06

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/wraith_calling

Back to top Go down

Re: Ok some rants about MW2

Post by Bigglesworth on Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:53 am

I totally agree with #1, and while I don't mind a bit of non realism in a game this one seems a bit too much. however now that the nerf hammer has fallen on the double shotty's I really don't mind this too much anymore.

All I will say about #2 is Tactical knife and commando.

Personally I love Bling/Bling Pro. I always hated not being able to use acog/RDS and not have a silencer when I run a "ghost" class.

dear god, I love Halo's campaign, but if MW ever goes the multiplayer Halo route I will quit in a heart beat. I fucking hate Halo jumpers.
Bigglesworth

Number of posts : 390

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wraith_calling on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:28 pm

Ok, I'm changing my opinion on #2.

I've found that having a shotgun as a 2nd weapon for close quarters/room clearing is a good idea. Usually both engaged parties will shoot everything in the room. Sometimes completly missing everything but the paint.

Of course if you are in knife range if becomes Jason vs. Freddy for a split second. So very close range it's better to step in and butcher someone.

But at close-mid range a shotgun hits hard, covers a large area and you don't need to be accurate. If you play non-hardcore a pistol probably wont have good stopping power...

Then out comes the shotgun, usually 1 quick shot will put down the target. If there are more than 1 or any late comers to the dance just keep plugging away. I put down 3 quick targets with the shotgun when I got caught in a reload. Of course I was pinned in a room with only 1 entrance/exit before some wise-arse started lobbing grenades through the window.

I've also changed my opinion on 3.

I've found that I like running with an assualt rife w/red dot (overy use of the Halo) and FMJ. Or red dot and silencer. It does make sense to have more than 1 accessory at a time (as far as a relism aspect goes), but silenced shotguns or Machine Guns? hmmm...

-W

"...You are a spot, a flaw, a blotch and a stain on the world you corrupt and I hate you and fear you and look for you everywhere with dread."
-Curse One: The Wraith -by C.Huntington
wraith_calling

Number of posts : 706

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/wraith_calling

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigglesworth on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:38 pm

I consider myself to be somewhat smart, but is it even possible to silence a shotgun in real life?
Bigglesworth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigglesworth on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:25 pm

well I took 20 minutes out of my busy work schedule and youtube'd silenced shotguns. I had no idea.
Bigglesworth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by armand on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:18 am

If you wanna keep the realism, use the m1014 shotguns, they're not dual wielded and they're pretty amazing. I used them before acquiring the 1887s.

I don't think shotguns are that great in hardcore because their range is so limited. I'd rather use a machine pistol, i love the G18.

But since I'm playing much less hardcore these days, I'm loving the shotguns
armand

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2008-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigglesworth on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:11 pm

Shotty's are awesome in HC IF the situation is right. such as a small room or corridor with 2 or 3 guys in it. then it is possible for the shotty to hit more then one target at a time. otherwise like you said, the range is to short for a one hit kill unless you get a lucky headshot.
Bigglesworth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum